Thursday, March 21, 2013

Relay for Life

A good friend of mine, Jill, lost her mom to pancreatic cancer this past summer.  She and another friend started a Relay for Life team in memory of their mothers and I decided to join.  If you aren't familiar with Relay for Life, it is basically a huge event to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  Teams raise money, set up tents, and then take turns walking all night.  The event for our area is on May 17, 2013.

If you would like to support my efforts, please visit my personal page at http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=52872&pg=personal&px=13871914 to join our team or make a donataion.  It's for a great cause!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    Awesome idea to help a great cause. I will put a link in my blog so anyone who follows can access and possibly support. I have taken part in a relay for life event before and they are awesome. Thanks for sharing this event. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    This is a great organization and I have worked with them before. Thanks for sharing your event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is a great organization. I have been on several different teams in past years to help Relay for Life. I don't think there is anyone who hasn't known someone who has had cancer. Not only is this a great cause, it is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete