Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Let's Give it a Go!

Watch out, Jackie Robinson!  Well, not really.  Saturday was the first official baseball practice for both of my kids, Kadence and Zachary.  They are both on the same team with practice on Tuesday's and games on Saturday's (starting in April). 
Below are a few things we learned while watching practice:

1- Never, never, ever make Zachary do something he doesn't want to do.  If the boy wants to take gymnastics, then let the boy take gymnastics!  He was out on the field doing handstands and cartwheels instead of being worried about playing ball.  He informed us that the field was his own gym!  lol
2- Zachary may, but probably will not be a future baseball star.  He could hit the ball better than anyone out there, but as I stated before . . . he could care less about the game itself!
3- Kadence has an arm on her!  If I ever doubted that before, she proved herself on the field today.
 
4- It's a good thing we were able to get the kids switched the same same team so we can watch both of them play rather than having to rotate weeks.  Also, encouragement may be needed from "Sissy"! 
The kid's first game is on Saturday, April 13th.  More pics to come.  Go Bee's!

5 comments:

  1. This is really sweet, I think you have a noble goal to blog about your life. I too am a mom, fukl time teacher and grad student. I know that life has its challenges but it also has its rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog post and looks like a ton of fun. You have a great blog topic. Let us know how the games go and how the kids like the game baseball as the season progresses. Awesome they are on the same team. Look forward to following your blog. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky to have your kids on the same team. It is difficult when they are on different teams, or schools. It is hard to do attend events for your children, teach school, and grad school. Sometimes I feel like I am so stressed, I just don't think I can do it all, but then things level out. I think it is great the attitude you have about Zachary. Some parents are so determined their child is going to be a great baseball player, or dancer, or whatever the parent wants. I think it is important to let the child decide what it is they like, and maybe that is enjoying more than one thing and just being ok at that! Can't wait to see more pictures of the games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis the season for ball right! Dealing with the same issue over here- four children and seven teams between them. The gas bill is high but I wouldn't change it at all. They love the activity and I love keeping them going and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel very fortunate to have our kids on the same team. Our city recreation department is very accommodating with this! We haven't had baseball for the last two weeks due to a variety of things ranging from sickness to cancellations to Spring Break...but we are eager to get started back next week!

    ReplyDelete